Twelve Labours


 First off, some good news for me - working with a new publisher, Black Moon, I have written "Herakles - Twelve Steps to Olympos" and just heard that it hits the shelves today (unexpectedly early). The book can be ordered from Black Moon directly or via any of the usual bookshops. It is an analysis of the Twelve Labours and related mythology from Greece and elsewhere which shaped those stories. I make the argument that the myths can be read as lessons in psycho-spiritual growth as well as just entertaining adventures - and use ideas from Jungian psychology to help explain the idea. I hope it will be useful to both students of Greek history, modern day devotees of the Olympian deities, and admirers of Carl Jung alike.

The book can be ordered from Black Moon Publishing or via any bookshop. I will be organising a launch party in the near future (watch this Blog for details), which will help take my mind away from the sad news.

The lack of posting in recent times follows the death of my mother in late June and the pressure not only to organise her funeral but also for my brother and I to clear her incredibly cluttered flat within a month in order to return the keys to the council where she lived. It was made for a very manic and stressful period - and now living with the "come down" which, for me, is mainly manifesting as sudden bouts of extreme tiredness and zombifying. I am back to work at the college today, facing a great pile of things that need prepping and organising before the students return to campus. So my brain is a tad fritzed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jung and the Villain's Journey

Words are cheap

John Rowan