Saki

Some years ago I was invited to attend a Halloween event in London where people were to take turns in reading short horror stories by candlelight (very Victorian). I couldn't make it so recorded a story on YouTube and sent that in my stead.
This year I decided to pick that tradition back up by recording a short story by the prolific author Saki (partly because I like his work, but also because I'm too tired to dream up something original of my own). This particular tale is 'Gabriel-Ernest', in which a confirmed bachelor encounters a naked youth in the woods who turns out to be alarming rather than alluring.
I am thinking of inviting a few friends over at midwinter to share a bottle or six, an open fire, roast chestnuts, and share some spectral tales.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Paganism

The Children of Green Knowe #10