The Rainbow's Tale

Some snippets from the long life of the Greek goddess Iris and her twin sister Arke, cobbled together into one tale - the choice of which is partly
inspired by all the children's drawings of rainbows currently being displayed in windows all over the country to express thanks to NHS staff and other key workers for keeping Britain running during the lock-down period. This is m small contribution to help alleviate the boredom that many are feeling (at least, I hope it distracts from rather than adds to the tedium!)

Members of the Gippeswyk Storytelling club cannot meet this month, for obvious reasons, so this is part of a virtual gathering for them as well. I'll add some other stories and poems over the weekend, ready for what would have been our regular meeting date on Monday.

The rainbow symbolises hope (amongst other things) and, I'm hoping that my favourite Greek cafe in Bury St Edmunds will survive the economic turmoil and reopen in due course. I shall be eating my own body-weight in baklava when it does. I am sure we all have our small and large hopes for the future - for the Hellenically-inclined, a time to recall that Apollo (mentioned briefly in this story) both sends and withdraws plagues.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Paganism

The Children of Green Knowe #10